Ultimately, success comes from the right amount of engagement with your customers. Your customers engage with their phones more than any other device. Consider what you’d be missing out on:
- 97% of Australians shop online.
- 41% of those people prefer their mobile devices for shopping over any other device.
- The younger a user is, the more likely they are to use their mobile device for shopping, ranging from 87% for Gen Y (25-36) to 41% for people over the age of 67.
Can you afford to miss out on this kind of eCommerce business? Of course not.
Just being available for mobile activity is different than being optimised for mobile. Check out these statistics:
- Mobile users are five times more likely to abandon a task on your site if a page takes more than three seconds to load. Imagine losing out on game-changing business in three seconds!
- Mobile users who experience an issue on a site are 62% less likely to buy from that site in the future.
- Make it look good because 94% of a user’s first impression is all about the design of your site or app.
- Mobile users expect a seamless, fast and easy experience — every time.
If you have a traditional page, you might want to up your strategy by developing an app. This is the easiest way to personalise your users’ experience. If you’ve built a huge database of customer information on your page, you can seamlessly transfer that over for your customers as long as they have a profile.
Apps Make the World Go Round
It’s easy for a shopper to open an app, navigate to the item they want, click “buy now” or throw it in their cart and do a quick checkout. And this kind of quick checkout process can make an application very popular — just ask the top five eCommerce apps:
- JB Hi-Fi
- Big W
We’re not suggesting your first app needs to compete with these behemoths. But we do believe you need mobile optimisation to have the explosive growth and success our eCommerce clients experience when they get this, along with other key elements, right
Not having an app is better than having a bad app.
We know how important it is to get the advice of a professional to make sure everything is user-friendly and that you’re firing on all cylinders. Schedule your free growth session with us. A360 is committed to your eCommerce business’s growth and success.
Make It Easy
Apps can be confusing and frustrating. Think of your favourite apps and answer these questions:
- What do you like about it?
- How easy is it to find what you’re looking for?
- How reliable is it?
- How often do you visit it?
- How visually appealing is it?
Now consider how you can transfer the best parts of those apps to yours. There’s nothing wrong with duplicating structure as long as the content is your own!
Think about the icon for your app, too. Make it simple and clear. You want your app on everyone’s home screen, not three or four pages back
When your app starts to get reviews, take them seriously. Read what people have to say — understand that some people wake up just itching to give a bad review. Those that seem thoughtful are worth considering taking action on.
Actionable Items to Improve Your eCommerce Business’s Success
- Research what mobile optimisation is.
- Make a to-do list of the steps necessary to optimise your site.
- Make a list of what you love about your favourite apps and apply those to yours.
- Take all of this off your plate and hire a professional to help you with your digital marketing strategy.
Avoid These Common Pitfalls
- Putting off mobile optimisation
- Creating your own app without proper research or the necessary skills (you have to be honest with yourself!)
- Not getting help when you need it